Sunday, May 15, 2011

Cheri Noire

A child of God on a journey to fulfill His Glory as God orders my steps. A devoted Mother nurturing the fruits from my vine as my seed blossoms into a beautiful flower. A Lover who loves unconditional and whole heartily. Awaits for my Prince so I can crown him King of our dynasty. This is the Essence of me, I am Cheri' Noire.

Inspired by Phenomenal writers before me, Langston Hughes, J. California Cooper, Bell Hooks, Cornel West, Tavis Smiley, Audre Lorde and Zane. And poets ranging from Zora Neal Hurston, Maya Angelou, Nikki Giovanni and erotic poems from the Punany Poets.
Favorite reads that inspire my ink, the Bible, Some Love Some Pain Sometime, Breaking Bread, The Souls of Black Folk, The Isis Papers, Like Water for Chocolate and Erotic Noir

"If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive."
"There are no new ideas. There are only new ways of making them felt."
Audre Lorde
"Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly." Langston Hughes

No comments: